Speaker Sisterhood Auckland is the new way for women to gain confidence, learn public speaking skills, find their voice and truth , maybe even change the world! View the webpage Speaker Sisterhood Auckland.
Join Diana Thomson and co leader Cath Vincent at our fantastic venue, Studio 38 at 38 Airedale Street in the central city on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month. We are excited to provide you with an affordable, supportive and holistic approach to public speaking.
Come along for a "looksee" to find out more, check us out on the Speaker Sisterhood Facebook page or enrol and secure a place.
Costs: There is a $97US join fee to the Speaker Sisterhood USA (NZ$134) and then the club fee of $30 a meeting. This is payable in monthly subscription, half year or full year blocks ( later with discount)
Payment is easily done via PayPal, or direct credit / invoice by contacting Diana.
Public Speaking Business Basics
Whether you are a business manager, owner or starting out in the business world, you need to network and tell people about your what, why, who and how. It needs to be clear, concise and memorable. You will also need to be able to answer questions confidently, clearly and completely.
All these need basic public speaking skills.
This course is for women that want to improve their everyday communication, find their strengths and make rapid improvement that they can apply immediately.
This all women live workshop is currently run through the Venus Network Training Academy.
All women are welcome to attend and there is a discount for Venus Network Members.
Click here to learn more about Venus Academy
Dates are to be scheduled for this course in 2018. Email Diana@speechmarks.co.nz to find out more.
Auckland July 27th
What this course will cover
1. The Seven Pillars of Public Speaking; including Voice, Body Language, Eye contact Knowledge, Your Audience,
2. Overcoming nerves and the use of mind-set and Power Poses
3. Speech structures and planning
4. Practical everyday uses of public speaking; The Elevator Pitch, longer introductions “One Minute Promo”
5. Handling Questions and Answers
6. Practice of short speeches and answering questions throughout the day
What are the outcomes of this course?
· Practice of short speeches (a highly under rated necessity)
· Evaluation on areas of strength and areas for improvement
· Ideas and scripts for self- introductions that can be used immediately
· Confidence in meetings and any situation where you are speaking to people
· Improved handling and answering of questions
· Time saving when planning a speech or presentation
Follow up and mentoring for three months
What will you get from this course?
A workbook with your new "Elevator Pitch" a longer "One minute Promo" to re use and later as you need it.
You will get all the Speech Marks Quick Tip Cards to help you focus.
Have a speech planning template for your longer speeches.
Access to the Facebook Group to practice Facebook Live Videos and get feedback
Powerful Powerpoint $397 per person nett
We have all heard of death by Powerpoint but still fall into the traps. If you don't know where to begin or how to make the slide look good this live workshop will highlight the Dos and Don'ts. Great for people doing a deck for customers, as a guest speaker, or for their team. Its focus is on the practical aspects more than pretty fonts and graphics.
What will this course cover?
- What makes a "pretty slide deck" and how to use PowerPoint to help you
- Alternatives to bullet points
- Rehearsal and the use of 'Presenter View'
- The importance of slide transition and how to learn them and incorporate them
- AV issues to consider
- Inserting photos and videos
- Understand how the slide deck supports the speech not the other way around
- On the day checklist
- What are the outcomes from this course?
Leave with a head full of ideas, practical tips, and the start of a new slide deck. You will be ready to present your ideas with the support of a slide deck that enhances your message and makes it more memorable. Have alternatives to the standard bullet points or better still none at all. You will be confident that your slide deck supports your speech and that you can deliver it without turning your back to look at the screen. You will also be ready for many of the frequent problems and how to avoid them.
Practical Presentation Skills
You're asked to present at a large meeting or conference. No is out of the question, but you are already loosing sleep over the idea of it!! You know you're "stuff" but that isn't the problem. It's when to start preparing and what structure to use, where to stand on the stage, what to do with the microphone, how to get the slides to work.
I have been there and thankfully we can help. Speech Marks Coaching is joining with Gavin Rugg of Presenters Toolbox to given the ultimate practical presentation skills workshop.
Benefits and Outcomes from attending the workshop:
- Confidence in preparation, where and when to start
- Learn simple presentation planning techniques
- Event Run Sheets and check lists
- Introductions and Handovers from the MC
- How to incorporate good slides and videos into PowerPoint
- Use of AV Technology
- Lighting, what to wear on camera, where to stand on stage
- Use body language and eye contact to exude confidence
A more engaged audience that remembers you for all the right reasons!
Tuesday 19th June - Quality Hotel, Gladstone Road, Parnell
Includes: Workbooks, Free on site parking, Refreshments and Lunch
Cost: Earlybird before 1 May $250 after 1 May $350